For our February overnight camping trip, we’ll be traversing the wilds of Clark County, Washington to head to the cabins at Battle Ground Lake State Park!
The ride will leave Portland from the Cascades MAX Station on Saturday, February 9th. We’ll ride about 25 miles to Battle Ground Lake, using a mix of shoulderless rural roads with low traffic, bike lanes, bike routes through residential neighborhoods, and bike paths. There will be a few small hills that can be steep for short distances, but nothing major. Cycle Wild classifies this as an “Easy” route, but remember there are a couple hills and some busy stretches.
The route from Cascades MAX to Battle Ground Lake: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1435630
The route back: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/933890
We’ll return to Portland during the day on Sunday February 10. It’s become customary for some riders to stop in the town of Battle Ground and have lunch at the Laurelwood Brewery.
We are doing this trip differently than past trips, so please READ CAREFULLY:
- We have reserved three cabins. At five people per cabin, this means the maximum attendance for the trip is fifteen (15) people. We will have a waiting list if we go over.
- We are “charging” up front for this trip. Please keep in mind the fees collected are towards the cost of cabin plus reservation and processing fees. Cycle Wild is NOT charging to make a profit.
- The fee per person will be $20. Please note this is an estimation, the per person fee can be as low as $16. If it is, we will refund the difference at the campground. You can waive this refund (if there is one). Any waived refund funds count as a donation to Cycle Wild’s Reservation Fund.
- Please notify the organizer ASAP if you need to cancel. If there is anyone on the waiting list, they will be contacted in the order they signed up and will be given 48 hours to pay for a spot on the trip. After the 48 hours the open spot will go to the next person on the list. If no one on the waiting list takes your spot, you must find another person to take your place in order to get refunded.
- If you cancel and there is no waiting list, you must find another person to take your place in order to get refunded.
- No refunds for no shows.